We have shipped SPDocKit 6.1.0. This is a minor release with improved permission differences comparison, SharePoint 2016 MinRoles support, role based security, enahanced Principals filters possibilities and SPCAF collaboration. Read more about these new features.
Product version: 6.1.0
Build number: 31552
Release date: May 18, 2016
- Role Based Security - grant different access levels to employees using SPDocKit. There are two predefined roles: Admins and Viewers. The wizard allows you to create custom roles that best suit your needs. You can choose which SPDocKit element a specific user has access to and which reports he/she can use.
- Track Permissions Changes - the new compare wizard subtype provides an easy overview of all permission differences across a selected site collection. This report can track changes in principals’ permissions, permissions inheritances, and the AD state down to the list-item level.
- SharePoint 2016 MinRole support - SPDocKit reports now use server classifications according to assigned roles. The Farm Topology and Server List reports have been updated with new server roles and a new MinRole best practices report was added. This will help you detect services that are causing your server to be out of role compliance.
- Megafilters - expandable principal filters allow you to filter permissions reports by principals’ usernames, display names, or even email addresses.
- SPCAF and SPDocKit collaboration - These new SPDocKit extension reports help you analyze your farm customizations using SPCAF reports. The following reports are available: Analysis Summary, Code Quality, Code Metrics, Code Dependencies, and Code Inventory.
- IIS Log Path Report -new best practices report that checks whether IIS log and database files are located on the primary drive.
- Automatic Index Reorganization - SPDocKit system job that was created to improve SPDocKit database space usage and enhance report-generating performance. This job will be run outside your normal business hours.
- Site Explorer reports are again part of the SPDocKit farm documentation.
- If you want to trace which content type has been published from the content type hub or which type was custom created by a user, the Content Type Hierarchy report will now give you this information.
- It is now possible to provide custom credentials when connecting to SharePoint on-premises sites using SPDocKit on a workstation.
- You can now schedule subscription reports to be sent right after a farm snapshot has been created.
- By default, snapshots are stored in the SPDocKit database.
- We’ve developed a better user experience in the Take Snapshot wizard regarding errors. If you have more than 1000 site collections, the Take Snapshot wizard will show you just a list of the site collections in which some sort of problem occurred. Successfully loaded site collections will not be displayed.
- Farm settings are now loaded by default, and they cannot be excluded when taking a farm snapshot.
- The results of the Web.config file comparison can now be saved as an .html file in case the report cannot be displayed correctly within SPDocKit.
- We added a warning message that alerts you when the SPDocKit service is not running even though it has been properly configured.
- The User Permissions Details report now supports multiple site collection selections. To change the selected site collection threshold limit, use the general options.
- We added an Add to Group option to the permissions management ribbon. You can use this option to add selected principals (users or AD groups) to the desired SharePoint group.
- The Delete Group Management action now supports multiple group selections.
- You can now delete groups without permissions directly from the permissions manage ribbon using the delete button regardless of the SharePoint object on which you are located.
- The scope of the Clean Site Collection wizard has been extended to the entire web application. In addition, we added more severe confirmation actions to the Clean Site Collection wizard.
- The Orphaned Users report is now separated into categories depending on the user’s state in the AD. The same classification is visible within the Clean Site Collection wizard for a better user experience.
- A View in SharePoint button was added to the Storage Metrics report. This button takes you directly to the selected SharePoint object.
- License Management now supports multiple farm license definitions.
- We optimized the Number of Users report generation.
- Error messages throughout the application have a new look. The error message box now provides more details for easier troubleshooting of problems.
- The Test Subscriptions action gives a wider overview of the performed action and issues that may have appeared.
- The Best Practices documentation contains the name of the farm in which the snapshot was taken.
- The Content DB Disk and Log Usage reports provide better detection of whether the information about the database size has been loaded in the available snapshots.
- The version number of the loaded WSPs has been added to the Solutions report.
- We implemented miscellaneous Best Practices report improvements for data sorting and report column names.
- We made minor improvements in the Generate AutoSPInstaller XML configuration file wizard.
- Permissions reports now show broken permission inheritance marks within the reports grid.
- The Crawl Database and Managed Properties best practices reports have been updated with SharePoint 2016 limits.
- The Configuration wizard now shows all steps performed during SPDocKit setup.
- Resolved issue with the “System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ‘System.DBNull’ to type ‘System.String’” exception appearing in the Generate AutoSPInstaller XML file wizard.
- Resolved issue with the "Could not load file or assembly 'Acceleratio.Common.Office365' or one of its dependencies." exception appearing because the wrong runtime version for SharePoint 2016 was configured when trying to use SPDocKit in run mode.
- Resolved issue with list items not being properly displayed within the document sets on live Permissions Explorere view.
- Resolved issue with errors occurring while taking a farm snapshot because of duplicate principal names.
- Resolved issue with the Go Live button appearing for non-local farms.
- Resolved issue with errors occurring while taking a farm snapshot due to a missing workflow definition.
- Resolved issue with errors occurring when trying to resolve AD group members when they contain a user that has been deleted in a different domain.
- Resolved errors appearing when taking a farm snapshot if the managed paths are not properly configured.
- Resolved issue with the Number of Application Pools best practices report not checking whether web application pools have been started.
- Resolved issue with WSP analysis failing because SPDocKit cannot resolve the framework version for a specific DLL; the result was missing information about a problematic DLL in the Solution Assembly Deployment Valid best practices report.
- Resolved issue with snapshots not being properly detected from the custom-named snapshots folder.
- Resolved issue with SPDocKit detecting and loading distribution group information for permissions reports.
- Resolved issue with Web.config compare not working properly.
- Resolved issue with the Site Visitors report containing GUIDs instead of usernames.
- Resolved issue with the Scheduled Tasks report not being exported properly.
- Excel Services reports for SharePoint 2016.